Monday, July 12, 2010

Rockin' the World: Final Day

I am FINALLY BACK HOME! WHHOOOOTTT! PARTY!!! (after I get several hours of sleep.)

Last night's awards banquet was wonderful. I wore a blue dress that I ordered custom-made from Hong-Kong. Dinner was good, although we had a little trouble making sure everyone from our group got a seat at nearby tables. It was a delicious buffet, although dessert was a little rich.

After dinner, They started off the ceremony by announcing scholarships from XP Media, The New York Film Academy, and the New York Conservatory for the Dramatic Arts. XP Media was first, and, surprise, Suprise, I won a scholarship! It's for XP Media's Media Bootcamp, which is essentialy intensive training on producing, directing, filming, and editing a movie. I'm really excited about this. There's one in October, but I don't know if my bank account can handle the air fare. and lodging. and food.

After all the scholarships had been awarded, the big thing began: Overall winners for each category. Before I get to that, I should mention the Spirit awards. Interestingly, our winner was Stephanie Kropf. It was interesting because Stephanie wasn't even at the convention. She's going to the January convention. So we don't know if there was a screw-up, or if the award was chosen for actions at the workshops before the convention. we may never know.

Finally. The Overall winners for each category. Since categories were by age, I, of course, had to wait for 15 other categories before finally being called. I didn't win an overall award, but I won as a finalist for actor (which isn't that surprising) and Modeling (I'm still trying to figure out how I got that one.) So now I have two small tropies and a scholarship. Not a bad night, all in all. Then, of course, there was the wrap party.

It was loud. REALLY loud. You could hear it from outside the room, it was so loud. I'm not really a fan of loud music, so I only stayed for twenty minutes. That, and I had to leave at 5 in the morning to catch my flight home.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention my callbacks. If an agent, casting director, or VIP really likes you, they can give you a callback, so they can tell you, and maybe even offer you a scholarship or contract, depending on the VIP. I only got one, and it was from my regional director, who is also an agent. I really didn't get a lot of time with her, so I didn't really get anything from it. (It seemed like she had called back half the convention. and, of course, she had a flight that left almost as soon as callbacks were over.) I was able to leave my headshot with other agents and Casting Directors. so for now, I just have to keep training. (I'm thinking about working in the Enchanted Forest theatrical department next summer.)

So here I am. I have gotten a lot of experience from AMTC. there were a LOT of seminars to attend, and they all had a lot of useful information. And I also got some Ideas for documentaries I could do. (Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. )

So now, I'm going to finish this blog post, link it to Facebook, get a reeeaaalllyyy tall glass of ice water, and go do some resting.

OH NO! I'VE BEEN FOUND! IT'S THE TWINS!!! RUNNNNN!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see your trophies! How cool. Congrats, Rachel! I'm proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete